Front–end eCommerce Developer
Direct applicants only
The Working Party are seeking to hire a Front-End Developer to join our team of experts in the eCommerce space. All levels of experience are encouraged to apply - If you’re already working for an agency or brand side for a retailer, we would love to hear from you.
Level 1, 109 Hawke Street West Melbourne VIC
Type of employment
About the role
In this role you’ll work directly within a team of exceptionally talented individuals responsible for delivering some of the most complex, beautifully designed and high performing eCommerce builds globally on the Shopify Plus platform. If commerce is your thing, there is no better place to sharpen your skills.
Things we value:
- Collaboration: nothing great was ever built by one person. You’ll enjoy working as a team – learning from others and sharing what you know.
- Integrity: you’re reliable, honest and will always deliver on your word.
- Motivation & leadership: we’re an ambitious bunch – for ourselves, our teammates and our clients. We are committed to achieving incredible results for our clients and solving problems where others can’t.
- Delivery: We value performant code, accessible HTML5, well-structured SCSS and humorous banter on Slack.
- You code clean, modern HTML5, CSS & JS (you know when to use a <button> vs a <a>)
- You take pride in the readability & maintainability of your code
- You understand and implement cross-browser compatibility
- You strategically choose solutions that support efficiency in rendering, loading, and painting of the page on the full spectrum of devices and networks without sacrificing UX
- You value design aesthetics while seeking opportunities to leverage new techniques
Other things about you:
- You use Git
- You have built something with React, Vue or Ember
- You have experience retrieving and posting data via REST or GraphQL
- You take personal responsibility for your deadlines, code quality, and tasks
- You can communicate your ideas clearly
Even more things that might describe you:
- You contribute to open source projects, maintain a blog, Twitter
- account, or seek to contribute to the community in some way (not
- necessarily the tech community!)
- You have a willingness to help co-workers with their JS issues and
- love to share what you know
Job benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based financial incentives
- Professional development support and budget
- A Macbook Pro with a 5K external monitor – mechanical keyboard if that’s your thing
- Secure storage for bikes
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines, and additional reading materials
- Lots of internal education from your colleagues & external education from industry experts
- Most likely some new friends
From the studio
“It's a supportive team where everyone helps each other and it's encouraged. There's a culture of learning and growing our individual skills, while appreciating each others strengths.”
Geoff - Front End Developer