We’re looking for a front-end developer to join our team of coffee-lovers in our West Melbourne office.
The Working Party is a group of creative problem-solvers who work on interesting and challenging projects for a range of clients. We value constant learning, aesthetics, interaction and usability.
Front-end developers at The Working Party work directly with front-end designers and user experience experts to create beautiful e-commerce experiences on the Shopify platform.
We value performant code, accessible HTML5, well-structured SCSS and humorous banter on Slack.
- You code clean, modern HTML5, CSS & JS (you know when to use a
<button> vs a
- You take pride in the readability & maintainability of your code
- You understand and implement cross-browser compatibility
- You strategically choose solutions that support efficiency in rendering, loading, and painting of the page on the full spectrum of devices and networks without sacrificing UX
- You value design aesthetics while seeking opportunities to leverage new techniques
Other things about you
- You live in Melbourne, Australia
- You use Git
- You have built something with React, Angular or Angular 2, or Ember (or something else)
- You have experience retrieving and posting data via REST APIs
- You take personal responsibility for your deadlines, code quality, and tasks
- You can communicate your ideas clearly
Even more things that might be about you
- You’re familiar with Django
- You contribute to open source projects, maintain a blog, Twitter account, or seek to contribute to the community in some way (not necessarily the tech community!)
- You have a willingness to help coworkers with their JS issues and love to teach what you know
About The Working Party
The Working Party is a digital agency that work across the commercial, retail, financial and government sectors. We specialise in:
- Building beautiful eCommerce Web sites for clients in the fashion and design space
- Providing UX, design and front end development services for large projects across various sectors
- We place an emphasis on learning and non-client projects.
We offer a brand new working environment, MacBook Pro, Steelcase Gesture chairs, Lean Opendesks, a great team, and varied projects.
Please email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter in addition to a resume & portfolio of your work / links to your best work and a description of your role in the project.
Please, no recruiters need respond.