Our team are driven, curious, collaborative, motivated to solve problems and deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. We thrive working in a competitive, very fast paced and ever-changing market. We value using our collective knowledge and expertise to deliver the most effective impact for our clients and pride ourselves on the outcomes we are able to achieve.
About the opportunity
As the Business Development Manager at The Working Party, you will be responsible for nurturing and increasing new business revenue by identifying key opportunities and partnering with companies to determine how we can fulfill solutions for their eCommerce projects from development to delivery of their live sites and beyond.
The Business Development Manager will play a critical role in client negotiations, pricing agreements and relationship management/development. You will work collaboratively alongside peers to plan account execution and delivery of each service agreement ensuring client satisfaction is the first and foremost priority whilst achieving mutual revenue goals.
The day to day:
- Create, manage and maintain high-quality relationships with prospective clients, stakeholders and partners
- Build, develop and manage strong sales pipelines ensuring quarterly targets are managed, achieved and exceeded
- Collaborate with Strategists and Product Developers to define, plan and develop the execution plans on projects
- Develop and deliver creative pitches to prospective clients in an honest, energetic and authentic manner
- Manages the end-end sales administration cycle ensuring no opportunities are missed
As the Business Development Manager will hold at least 2-4 years proven experience working within a similar role ideally within the eCommerce, sport, fashion, beauty and/or in the lifestyle sectors. To be successful you will hold the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Proven experience creating and closing sales opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong communication, negotiation, presentation and proposal development skills
- Strong understanding of eCommerce trends and best practice within the industry
- Ability to work automatously and collaboratively when required
- A passion and hunger for achieving sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Proficient in time and calendar management
- Comfortable taking accountability for your decisions and actions. We value honesty, integrity, curiosity, collaboration and believe we achieve the best outcomes when working as a team.
Why work with The Working Party?
- Career advancement: we offer career advancement pathways and promote from within for high achieving, ambitious members of our team.
- Learning: we support ongoing learning and professional development. We’re also thought leaders in the eCommerce space and run frequent events in Melbourne and Bali hosting industry greats like Facebook and Instagram.
- Work with the best: you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the most talented eCommerce professionals in APAC, and with some of the most notable and ambitious brands operating in APAC including JB Hi-Fi, KOOKAÏ, Lovisa and Youfoodz.
- Environment & tools: you’ll work from our beautiful West Melbourne office on custom made birch ply desks and Steelcase chairs. You’ll be equipped with the latest technology including Macbook Pro.
- Socialise: we love to get together – daily team catch ups, breakfasts, quarterly social events, ideation sessions and offsite planning days.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a short cover letter outlining some of your most successful sales achievements.
Direct applicants only (Australian residents, or with full work rights).
No recruiters - no exceptions.